Studio Costs - Determining Factors
Like any project, the cost is determined by several factors and it is important that these areas are well defined in order to properly match your expectations with the final product.
These factors include:
- Acoustic and Isolation specification
- Quantity of rooms required
- Location of complex
- Quantity of design input
- Quality of materials and standard of finish
- Workstation(s), racking and audio wiring issues
- Type and number of Air Conditioning systems
Whenever you receive a quotation from ourselves it will always come with a full breakdown of costs, room by room, showing you detail from the quantity of acoustic wall being built and as far down as the waste management for a project – we feel it is important for you to understand where every penny is going in a project.
As well as a full cost breakdown you will receive detailed information on:
- The full scope of works of the project
- Acoustic specification for the space, covering isolation, reverb time, background noise and mechanical noise
- Finishes, covering a range of finishing options
- Mechanical and Electrical information, such as recommended air-conditioning systems, lighting etc.
- Project length
Typical Budget Costs
There are two main elements of constructing a studio, how the room sounds (acoustics) and the prevention of noise egress and ingress (isolation).
The indicative costs below cover the acoustic treatment of two spaces, similar sizes to the drawing above (it assumes the spaces already exist with significant isolation). This is done by installation of items such as absorbent panels, low frequency resonant traps and a variety of diffusers.
|Supply and install of treatments:||£1,250 +|
The next two budgets cover both the acoustic treatment and isolation of two spaces similar size to the drawing above (it assumes it is currently one large room). This involves construction of the rooms, acoustic treatment of the rooms, electrical works, air-conditioning/ventilation works and audio works:
|Design||£3,500 to £5,500|
|Construction||£30,000 to £45,000|
|Air-conditioning/Ventilation||£4,250 to £5,750|
|Workstation||£1,800 to £2,750|
|Audio Wiring||£1,500 to £3,000|
|Audio Wiring||£8,000 +|
Naturally the above costs are dependant on many factors that relate to site, location and project time-scale, however they do give you an idea of where we fit in with regards to the competition.